Ok, so you’re probably thinking, ”Are you really that excited about a manufacturing conference?”
Well yes… yes I am!
When I moved here fourteen years ago, I thought Charleston only consisted of tourism and beautiful people – but as I started my professional career I realized there was much, much more. It has been amazing supporting the manufacturing industry for that long and watching it grow to what it is today. I’m even more geeked out about the future: I mean, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, and Boeing… how could I NOT be?!?
Manufacturing Networking Bonanza
Last year the SC Manufacturing Conference & Expo was the can’t miss event in the sector (even though I did). Over 3,500 people attended the event including nationally recognized speakers, industry leaders, suppliers, Governor Nikki Haley, and a whole bunch of people like me who actually did show up. It’s the place to be to discuss the latest trends and topics, and immerse yourself in manufacturing culture.
In case you’ve been living under a rock, South Carolina’s manufacturing market isn’t just strong, it’s epically strong. Certainly the big names and new companies moving here have helped, but it’s also the base layer of companies like BMW, Fluor, Bosch, Michelin, Sonoco, along with their suppliers, that have put down roots and steadily grown here for years. With all these big names in SC, what we have here is massive opportunity.
Get Pumped About Manufacturing
As you can tell, I’m looking forward to the trip to Greenville next week! If you’re not excited to head there yourself, here’s five reasons you should be…
- Mark Fava’s Keynote Welcome – Six years and over 100 planes should say it all, but I’m looking forward to hear from Mark about Boeing’s growth and plans forw the future.
- The Industrial Revolution 4.0 and the Internet of Things – I can’t help myself! I’ve become engrained in the tech scene of Charleston and am interested on how this topic and technology will drive manufacturing forward.
- The Salute to Auto Manufacturing Luncheon – Michael Balke (Mercedes-Benz Vans) and Katarina Fjording (Volvo) will give keynote speeches and celebrate excellence in operations and performance.
- Networking, Networking, and More Networking – There will be over 150 Exhibitors as suppliers, not to mention shaking hands with the folks who are thought leaders is a constant interest. I’m a people person, so I always want to meet fellow talent professionals and HR partners. The breakout session hosted by Steve Nail (Hubbell Lighting) will be on point and will talk about finding and retaining talent. Something we know well at Catch!
- Greenville Rocks – I always love heading to the upstate and Greenville in particular. It’s such a beautiful place and is growing. It’s been a while, so I can’t wait to see how it’s progressing!
Overall the theme for me is “the future.” We are in a groundbreaking (literally) time for SC manufacturing, and this event is not just an event to get me all jazzed up about meeting people, but a critical forum to address that growth and what is needed to sustain and support it!
You can be sure of one thing: I won’t make the mistake of missing this again. I’ll be there with a few thousand of my closest friends making my rounds and listening keenly to the amazing lineup.
Are you going to the SC Manufacturing Conference & Expo?
Let me know in comments what you’re excited about!