Our featured job this week is for a full-time HR Generalist in Charleston, SC.
We are seeking candidates for an HR Generalist position, with a heavy focus in Employee Relations, in the Charleston, SC area. Are you interested in working for a culture-focused organization? Do you have a passion for working with a collaborative team? If so, then you’ve started the right journey, and this career and company is just what you’re looking for.
Essential elements of this role include:
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees in the resolution of employee-related questions, problems, policy interpretation, employee performance and relations issues while maintaining confidentiality and integrity.
- Works collaboratively to ensure consistent application and interpretation of company policies and procedures. Take a new perspective to identify solutions. Use best practices and knowledge of business issues to improve HR services.
- Participate in the investigation of workplace complaints, identify root-causes, provides reports and recommendations to management.
- Provide and consistently document company-wide decisions to minimize risk and litigation in employee relations situations.
- Reviews and processes changes to employee records and monitor documentation related to employee performance.
- Partners in providing necessary supporting documentation and feedback for applicable EEOC complaints, unemployment claims, Workers’ Compensation, complex leave of absence cases, and/or exit interviews.
- Ensure that legal requirements are met in terms of employee related actions/practices to minimize exposure to liability.
- Assist with administering and maintaining the HRIS.
- Assist with processing our bi-weekly multi-state payroll for approximately 500 employees.
- Assist the HR team with onboarding and off-boarding employees to the company.
- Design and implement programs to improve employee morale, engagement and community involvement.
Requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MUST HAVE PREVIOUS MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three to five years of experience as an HR Generalist with an emphasis on labor/employee relations in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable state and federal employment, government compliance requirements, and best practices for maintaining a union-free environment required.
- Must have a customer service focus and an ability to build strong collaborative relationships.
Ability to investigate, analyze and develop plans for effective resolution of workplace issues.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing and documenting employee relations issues and investigations) required.
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment; ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Change agent and safety culture experience required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in coordination with other members of the HR department to ensure coverage is met on all shifts, as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office including World, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.