Our featured job this week is for a full-time Website Coordinator position in Charleston, SC.
We are looking for a Website Coordinator who works as the administrator, project manager and analyst for the company website. Comprehensively supporting site operations and development, you will be a key member of a cross-functional team including operations, marketing and sales. As the only dedicated website associate in a small company you will take on a broad range of responsibilities with the opportunity to help shape the digital strategy of the company.
- Key member a cross-functional team including creative and operations, that manages and monitors the deployment of content for new product launches, promotions and key features.
- The acting liaison between the company website and external dev teams.
- Clearly communicate projects and business needs to external dev teams.
- Identify opportunities and present solutions to increase site conversion and customer retention.
- Thorough testing of new features on all platforms to ensure a successful deployment.
- Ensure brand continuity throughout the site and all site generated emails.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation for ROI analysis.
- Build reports in Google Analytics to track key performance indicators.
- Ongoing UX evaluation and optimization using both internal and external resources.
- Drop-rate analysis and improvement recommendations.
- Continuous shipping grid analysis, review and recommendations.
- In-cart ongoing analysis, review and recommendations
- Generate ad hoc reports for operations, marketing and sales.
- Create, deploy and manage a single database where internal teams can report bugs, suggest copy updates and submit feature requests.
- Coordinate with sales team to ensure retailers are represented accurately on the company’s “Where to Buy” page.
- Monitor and manage server uptime with external services.
- Monitor and manage the transfer of mission critical data. Perform root-cause analysis to examine failures and implement processes to prevent future downtime.
Where You’ll Add Value
- Collaborate with the creative team by presenting UX strategies, rooted in comprehensive analysis, that increase website sales conversion.
- Maintaining a thorough, up-to-date understanding of the website platform and CRM in order to provide informed direction in the project planning process.
- Provide guidance and developmental support for the company’s CRM.
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to communicate at a detailed, technical level with site developers and communicate at a high-level to company executives.
- Experience in the administrative support of cloud based servers and website platforms (preferably ExpressionEngine)
- A general technical understanding of automated file transfers between database.
- Highly analytical, using data to inform decision making – experience building and analyzing reports in Google Analytics
- You can work closely with both internal and external teams to define prioritize the project backlog
- You meet deadlines through decision making
- Confident working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Experience in writing clear and succinct user stories and acceptance criteria, and supporting others in the creation of them
- You ideally have previous eCommerce experience
- You have a strong understanding of UX principles